What Features are Available for My Luxury Wet Bar
Are you amongst those people who think that wet bars were a trend that came and went in the late 80s? You will be surprised to know that they are back and back with a bang! If you are an entertainer and love to have friends and family over, a wet bar is for you. The best thing about them is that you can have a wet bar anywhere. No more hiding in the basement (though the basement is also an excellent option to have your wet bar in).
Who doesn’t want to stand out from the crowd? Yes, a wet bar is a good addition to the home but why have just a simple wet bar? Why not go for some additional features that will make your friends awestruck? As opposed to dry bars, there is a sink that allows you to go all-in to entertain.
This guide is going to be helpful for people who are looking to add a wet bar to their residence or who want to style up their existing wet bar. With the following styles and accessories, you can make a wet bar an effortless addition to your place.
5 Features Available For Your Wet Bar
- Right Materials
The right materials are essential to use in your wet bar. The idea of a wet bar countertop is similar to the countertop in your kitchen. If you want the wet bar to be a focal point of attraction in your house, go for trendy designs. Keep in mind functionality when you select a material for your wet bar.
The best options to go for are quartz, granite or marble. These not only give a luxurious and elegant look to the area but are functional also.
Have you seen a wet bar without a fridge? The idea is to not take away from the look of the wet bar. So, go for a mini-fridge. You are not just limited to a fridge. If you plan to offer drinks and cocktails only with snacks here and there, you can also opt for wine fridges or a kegerator.
- Stylish Sink
The sink is an integral part of your wet bar. A sink is just not a sink. There are so many options in the market. From new faucet designs to the material to shape to bowl depth, there are so many designs to choose from. For people like us who love details, a customized sink is a big yes.
Pro Tip: Copper is the color for the year. It is popping in wet bars everywhere. Copper basins look gorgeous and are antimicrobial. BUT, don’t restrict yourself. The sky is the limit and you can go as bold or as subtle as you like.
- Make a Backsplash
A backsplash adds elegance, beauty and personality to the wet bar. You don’t want to take attention away from the wet bar but add to it. The idea is to go for neutral tones, simple and sleek materials. Give your space the proper POP to make it look funky and stylish at the same time. Some backsplash options are:
- Textured tiles make the wet bar pop out and look attractive.
- You can go for different and contrasting materials. Such as metal, stone, brick or glass, depending on your preference.
- Incorporate patterns, antique mirrors or even a piece of art to make a backsplash.
Marble is a timeless material. It never goes out of fashion nor does it look old. It gives a very sophisticated look to the wet bar. If you don’t want to invest in marble or if you want to keep experimenting with materials, you can always grab the marble-feel paper. If done right, it gives the same look like actual marble (unless someone comes up to feel it)
Factors to Consider Before Getting a Wet Bar
No doubt getting a wet bar can be very exciting, but you need to keep a few things in mind before going ahead.
- Where will the wet bar be? Even though the man cave or basement might seem like a good idea, it is not always. Your wet bar should be near the major entertainment area of your home. Having it in the outdoor kitchen or living room is a good option.
- How much space can you allocate to your wet bar? A wet bar can be made in just a couple of feet or you can dedicate an entire room to it. If you want to go bigger, you can add it to the patio and even include bar seats for an enhanced and complete look.
- The reason why we recommend hiring a professional for a wet bar is the plumbing changes you have to make. A sink is going to go in the wet bar and you need to consider the plumbing also.
- How much are you willing to spend on your wet bar? While keeping in mind your budget, you should design your wet bar. They are inexpensive and you don’t need to spend too much on them. Additionally, they don’t add a lot of resale value to the house.
With several options on the market, you can choose any. All you need to know is that wet bars are back and the trend is here to stay. Keep in mind style and functionality when you set up your wet bar. For that, hiring a professional can be a good idea.